Welcome to my Weight Loss journey. Travel with me!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 14th, 2011 - Diet Eve Update

Well, the soup is cooling and almost ready to be put into the fridge, and I thought I'd update just a bit before I go to bed.

I'm once again making the soup in half batches, and I'm still saving up for my new stock pot. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll be able to buy it so I can stop ruining the seasoning of my cast iron pot I've been using.

A lot of things have changed since I started this diet. I haven't had soda once since I began over a month ago, except for in a mixed drink. I've noticed that I'm eating less portion-wise, although when I haven't eaten as regularly as I should I've been able to cram in a bit more than normal. Healthy? Perhaps not, but getting the fuel I need is.

I've been attempting to eat breakfast more often. I don't know if I'm succeeding or not but I hope that will change for the better. I'm also, with the exception of my weekend job, taking the stairs whenever possible instead of the elevator. I've noticed it's a lot easier than it was. As for my weekend job, well, you try lugging nearly 40 lbs of someone else's dinner, their bag of sauces and salads, and their two bottles of soda up sometimes three or four flights of stairs! Trust me, it's no picnic.

I'm looking forward to the nicer weather that's supposedly around the corner so I can get out on my bike more and get some nice rides in. I'm lucky to live in a fairly easy to navigate area, with lots of mini-slopes and flat spaces on which to coast a bit to catch my wind after a good climb.

Tonight I had dinner with my dad, and we went to Outback. I had some prime rib and crab cakes, kind of a celebration dinner of sorts before I go back onto my plan.

Tomorrow is the weigh-in, and day one of the diet week. I'm looking forward to it!

Oh, and for those of you, my friends, who have taken up this diet, please leave me a comment letting me know how things are going for you! I'd like to know if this program is working well for you also!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment