Welcome to my Weight Loss journey. Travel with me!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Day Six - March 20th, 2011

Today diet-wise was a great day. However, I forgot to add something to yesterday's post so I'll just put it here.

I had just finished my steak dinner and was waiting for the boss to finish his paperwork so I could go home. I meandered over to the soon-to-be-removed ice cream bin and grabbed one of the ice cream sandwiches that they had in there, the kind with two cookies on the outside. I was just about to open it when I stopped, looked at it, and remembered that I couldn't have it. So I put it back. And there you have it... a near slip, and some good strong will-power by yours truly.

Well, back to today. I woke up at about 8 to put the last ingredient of my first meal together, and then went back to bed. When I finally woke again, it was time; I went out into the kitchen, turned off the power to the slow cooker, got a plate, and served myself some corned beef and cabbage.
It was well worth the wait. I know what some of you are saying: "But David, you can't have potatoes on this day in your diet!" Uh, do you see any potatoes? NO! I had corned beef, and cabbage, and that was all. The only change I would make for the next time I do this particular meal is to use fresh corned beef, not canned.

A little while later, as I started to feel hungry again, I popped out some oysters and made some pan-fried oysters using very little oil to grease the skillet. They were delicious! Note to self: Get small oysters next time; Medium is just too big.

For dinner, at work, I baked up a chicken breast and two drumsticks, and steamed some broccoli and cauliflower. The chicken was amazing; no added flavor, and the meat just pulled right off the bone. The veggies I topped with a smidge of garlic butter and some salt. Some of the melted garlic butter got onto some of the chicken, which added a bit of nice flavor. Sorry y'all, no pictures of the chicken unfortunately.

When I got home, I heated up a bowl of soup and used some Red Robin seasoning for flavoring. It was ok... Def. need better flavor options.

Tomorrow is the last day of the diet week. Made up food tonight since I'll be out and about almost all day tomorrow. Make sure to tune back in tomorrow and see what happens!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment