Welcome to my Weight Loss journey. Travel with me!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day Two: May 23rd, 2011

Ah, I love the smell of weight loss in the morning...

I woke up fairly early, but wasn't hungry at all. So I toyed around for a bit, and eventually I was hungry enough to have a fairly large bowl of soup, with some salt, pepper and some Sriracha sauce added to it. Mmm, spicy and good.

That held me over until my break at work. It's baked potato day, and I had just that with a little bit of garlic butter and some chopped green onions. I paired that with a Gardenburger wrapped with lettuce with a little bit of ketchup, mustard, and some more lettuce and a couple slices of tomato and a half bunch of asparagus marinated in Italian dressing and grilled/baked. Delicious, nutritious, and filling. Made pretty much everyone at work jealous, at least the asparagus did.

I'm home now, and about to heat up some more soup. I want to try and get 3 bowls in total for today.

Also, something I said I was going to start doing the last go-around I am actually going to follow up on, and I'll have to back-edit yesterday's entry to do so as well, as I don't have the receipt in front of me.

The cost of today's eating, non-soup, was:

  • Gardenburger: $2.99 for 4/ $0.75/ea @ Safeway
  • Asparagus: 1.05 lb @ $3.99 lb for a total of $4.19, 1/2 bunch = approx. $2.10 @ Safeway
  • Potato: Free from work.
Total cost of food for the day (w/out soup): $2.85

I probably would have spent less on the asparagus if I'd have bought it when I bought my soup ingredients but oh well...

Thanks for reading!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment