Welcome to my Weight Loss journey. Travel with me!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day Five - May 25th, 2011

Yesterday (Wednesday, day 5) was a long day, so this is coming a bit late as I felt sleep was better.

Day started off with a screening for my best friend's sister to see if I qualified for a free dental cleaning for her final exams. While I haven't had a cleaning in 8+ years, apparently I didn't have enough of the right kind of tartar in order to qualify. I was told later that even people who have gone more than 20 yrs didn't qualify, so I guess I shouldn't feel so bad. Afterwards I stopped by Fred Meyer on my way to work and picked up some grape and cherry tomatoes for lunch.

Those didn't last past 1:30pm though, and I was still hungry. However, because of my day's schedule I wasn't really going to be able to eat until the end of the night, and so dealt accordingly.

After work I went to the Portland Timbers/AFC Ajax match. I was originally supposed to go with my cousin for her birthday, but she fell ill and I was left with a spare ticket. I managed to sell my spare ticket on the shuttle bus for what I paid for it, but sometime between then and the end of the night I lost the cash, so all-in-all I spent exactly what I intended to spend on the night. The match was fun, even though we lost 2-0, and I met up with some of my new friends afterwards. As I was incredibly hungry, I stopped at one of the Timbers Army-affiliated food carts outside the stadium and bought 3 carne asada (steak) tacos, and ate the meat (slathered in the hot sauces) minus the tortillas. All told it was probably about 4oz of meat.

Once I got home I heated up the oven on broil and prepared my steak for broiling. After about ten minutes I stuck the steak in and broiled it for 9 minutes. Perfectly cooked. This was a top sirloin I bought at Whole Foods, since it was on special. It was a little more spendy, but I figured I'd give it a shot, and it was good, but probably not worth the extra $1.50/lb that I could have bought it for elsewhere. One benefit is that they season it at no extra charge, and so they seasoned it liberally with garlic & herb and rosemary garlic seasoning, and then on the top I sprinkled some of the Garlic Gourmay Killer Cajun seasoning. Mmmm, delicious. And people wonder why this is my favorite day of the diet week!

I finished the night with the minimum one bowl of soup, and headed off to bed.

Cost of Day Five meals:
  • Cherry & Grape tomatoes: $2.99/ea for $5.98
  • Carne Asada tacos: $1.25/ea -$0.25 discount for $3.50
  • Top sirloin steak: $9.03
Total cost of meals: $18.51

This ends up being one of the more expensive meals of the week, but for good reason: Steak is delicious and worth the cost for a good one.

Thanks again for reading everyone, and for your support!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment