Welcome to my Weight Loss journey. Travel with me!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day Two - April 22nd, 2011

So today was a bit different than normal, mostly because when I left for work this morning I forgot to take either vegetables or soup, so by the time I got home at 2:30 (short day for the holiday weekend) I dove right into one of the vegetable trays I bought. Tons of baby carrots, some broccoli, and celery sticks. The ranch dressing that was included with the tray was made with a non-fat yogurt, so it was actually quite healthy by comparison, and I'll admit I used it to help get the raw broccoli down.

I forgot to get some chopped green onions or chives for my baked potato for dinner, so instead I put on the usual butter, some garlic salt, and sprinkled some of my cajun seasoning into it for extra flavor. Mmmm... delicious. Baked it for nearly 3 hours @ 400 degrees... next time I think I'll raise the temperature a smidge so the skin gets nice and crispy.

I followed that up with a big bowl of soup, heavy on the veggies and easy on the broth (I swear every time I make this since the first that the amount of broth lessens each time). Added a dash of salt and some of the Cholula hot sauce for flavor, and gobbled that right down as I watched a short movie.

Looking forward to tomorrow, when I have not only the veggie tray to look forward to again (which I'll probably destroy during the Blazer game) but also the other pound of strawberries and the big pear I still have. I'll also be able to snack a bit on some of the veggies at work tomorrow as well; celery, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower... make a salad with nothing but veggies and no dressing (doesn't sound good but what the heck, right?) or perhaps if tips are good enough to spare some from my gas tank I'll splurge on a bottle of the calorie-free dressing I've seen at Fred Meyer. Not sure how that works, but at least it would add some flavor to the otherwise dry salad.

Gotta get some bananas and skim milk for Sunday too, although I don't anticipate just soup and bananas for food... it is Easter after all... I'll just have to wing it, but not go too crazy.

Thanks again for reading. Today the blog topped the 800 view mark, and I appreciate everyone that has taken the time to read up on my journey. I'm at about 10% of the weight loss I want to make, and hope that it keeps up on this pace. Keep up the great encouragement!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment