Welcome to my Weight Loss journey. Travel with me!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day Seven - April 27th, 2011

Whew! Finally made it! Another week of weight loss is in the books, and tomorrow I'll find out just how much I lost this time around.

I started the day by going in to the office, stopping on the way because I remembered it was Administrative Assistant's day. When the discussion of lunch arrangements came up before our AA came in, my diet was taken into consideration, which was awesome. Luckily, there were several options, and the closest/most convenient was the best one.

At the Hula Boy restaurant behind the office building I scoured the menu until I saw a rice and steamed veggies item. The only one on the menu! So I got that, with brown rice of course, and for the side dish the marinated vegetables. I got the Big Kahuna size, so I could make sure I got enough (last time I was in there my Kahuna was a bit lite on the fare). I did get enough, and using their selection of sauces I coated 1/4 of each in the following: Teriyaki, Sweet chili, Jamaican Jerk, and Spicy Teriyaki. The last two, probably the combination of the two together anyways, actually brought sweat to my brow. This doesn't happen often. A couple of my coworkers offered me some of their extra coconut shrimp, but I happily passed, knowing if I really wanted I could come back tomorrow after class during happy hour and have some for myself. I won't, but I could.

I got home from work and started to work on my homework. Around 6 I started feeling hungry again, and started to plan for dinner. I ended up going to Winco to get a bag of broccoli, cauliflower and baby carrots, some teriyaki sauce, and some salad mix. I had a couple small bowls of salad with just some olive oil and balsamic vinegar sprinkled over the top, and then around 8 heated up rice. I added a small can of corn and diced green peppers just before cooking, and then cut up some of the broccoli and cauliflower and steamed them with some of the baby carrots. I basically made my lunch all over again, minus the spicy teriyaki and jerk sauces. I only had enough steamed veggies for half the rice though, so on the 2nd half of the rice I just drizzled some teriyaki over the top. Good stuff.

A bowl of soup to top the night off, as well as my customary 2 mint Milanos, and it's been a pretty successful diet week.

Weigh-in is tomorrow, so make sure to check back and find out what the new low is!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment