Welcome to my Weight Loss journey. Travel with me!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day Two - February 24th, 2011

Well, today has been a bit easier on the diet front than it was last time. Part of it, I think, is because I wasn't as rushed or busy this time around due to being at the other job.

Today was our bookkeeper's birthday lunch, and so I went lite on the food I brought in to work today. A 1lb bag of baby carrots and a big bowl of soup with the sweet chili sauce mixed in. I managed to put those away before we left for lunch at just before one.

At lunch, which was at Who-song and Larry's, there really wasn't much of a selection for vegetable-only meals. I ended up going with their grilled chicken taco salad, which really had a lot of vegetables; romaine lettuce, avocado (I have avocado plain, but mixed in with this salad it wasn't bad/couldn't taste it, haha), pico de gallo, grilled chicken and a dusting of jack cheese (the two major departures from today's plan, but they didn't offer a meat-less variety and the cheese wasn't really that much of a quantity), and a couple of corn tortilla strips. Corn is a vegetable, right? Coupled with two large glasses of ice water and the small bite of the birthday girl's flan that was forced on me (ok, I gave in afterwards, but I wasn't the only one!), all in all it was a good, healthy meal.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Came home and listened to all the results of the last-minute trades in the NBA before the deadline, then went to watch my all-time favorite movie in a theater, as it was playing and was the only opportunity for me, then went shopping on the way home for foods for the next few days. I got the potato for tonight's dinner, some more fruit for tomorrow's menu, bananas for Saturday (still need skim milk though), bought my steak for Sunday's dinner (need the canned tomatoes still), and some chicken drumsticks and a nice piece of wild-caught salmon for Monday.

Came home, popped my potato into the oven for 2+ hours, heated up a bowl of soup with a bit of the sweet chili sauce in it, and at the 2 hour mark for the potato started steaming some brussel sprouts and asparagus to go with the potato.

Yummy!

I'm gonna need to look into alternatives to Muchas Gracias hot sauces and sweet chili sauce... Maybe a curry powder or something? I'll accept ideas, try them out, and pass on if they work or not.

All in all, a good day, and another good day on the road to a slimmer me. Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment