Welcome to my Weight Loss journey. Travel with me!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day One - February 10th, 2011

Introduction:

So I'm David. Some of you know me. Others don't. I am what is commonly known as the fat guy. Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about; everyone knows the fat guy.

I am not starting this off on a great note, as I did not have a formal weigh-in to begin this diet, but I have an idea and it's not pretty.

My diet is the Sacred Heart Diet. It is a one week soup-based diet used at the Sacred Heart Memorial hospital to help prepare overweight patients for surgery. THIS IS NOT AN EVERY-DAY 365 DAYS A YEAR DIET. There are daily diets that must be strictly followed, incorporating fruits, veggies, and meat. No bread, alcohol, or At the end of a week, the fat guy expects to see 10-17 lbs. weight loss. The way I am planning on doing this diet is one week on, and about 3 days off, followed by another week. We'll see how this goes.

My Target Weight is 215 lbs. Underneath my flabby exterior is a fairly muscle-y guy, used to carrying a lot of weight, so I feel anything under 200 is not going to be ideal. Once I get closer to that weight I'll make a final judgement. My goal: Lose over 100 lbs by the end of the year 2011, and be within 50 lbs of my target weight by summer 2012. Meaning I'll look good when the world ends that December. So: here goes:

DAY ONE:


Made up the batch of soup last night so it would be ready tomorrow. Couldn't find my stock pot so I had to essentially make condensed soup. Also bought some cut up cantaloupe and some strawberries for the Day 1 menu.

Got to work today at ten, and had to wait in the car til the boss arrived, as I forgot my office keys. The cantaloupe didn't make it past 11:30. Heated up a bowl of the soup, after adding water to it, and ate it. Needs some salt, pepper, or hot sauce, but overall it isn't bland or bad tasting. The amount of veggies makes it a rather chunky soup.

Started in on the strawberries around 12:30. By the time I left at 3, half of them were gone, along with another bowl of soup. Had some water, but need to drink at least 8 glasses a day (not unusual for me).

Once I got home, I putzed around on my laptop for a while, and had another, bigger bowl of soup with some salt, pepper, and a couple dashes of Tapatio hot sauce. It added some flavor, but not quite what I was looking for.

At 9:45 I decided I'd finish off my last un-Tupperware'd bowl of soup, so I heated that up after adding water and then added salt, pepper, and one container of the green hot sauce from Muchas Gracias. PERFECT!!!

I'll end up finishing the strawberries for dessert.

I have also decided that for breakfast on my first non-diet day I am going to have my last can of corned beef hash with 2 eggs. Covered in Tapatio sauce. Mmmm.... Gotta figure out what else to have for the 3 days... suggestions for healthy food that's high in protein (no perverted suggestions, please)? Risotto sounds good as a side.

No comments:

Post a Comment