Welcome to my Weight Loss journey. Travel with me!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Days Four and Five - February 14th and 15th, 2012

Apologies again for not recapping Day Four on time. Was going to this morning, but didn't have enough time.

Day Four began on a happy note, because I got to eat something that tasted pleasant for breakfast: Bananas. Granted I only brought 5 to work with me (and no soup), so I could only have one. But believe me, it was awesome.

On the way home I stopped at the store, because I had no skim milk. I got just a quart, since a half gallon over 6 hours seemed like a lot. As it was, I only drank about half anyways. Had a bowl of soup, and 5 more bananas. Then I went to bed.

This morning I was excited, because I knew what today was: Steak day! I stopped on my way to work to pick up a 2 lbs. flat of grape tomatoes, because I really don't wanna do canned anymore, and eating whole fresh tomatoes seems a bit awkward (and messy). I ate about a half pound at work. I forgot my soup again at home, however.

After work, I stopped at the store and picked up the steak: a ribeye. Ate about a pound of the remaining tomatoes as I drove. I wasn't ready to cook it up yet when I got home, so I put it in the fridge, and went to take care of some things. When I was ready, I put one of my cast iron skillets in the oven @ 500 degrees for about 20-25 minutes to heat it, then when it was ready I pulled out the skillet, flipped the oven to broil, and opened the steak. I seasoned it lightly with some Johnny's seasoning salt and my Garlic Gourmay garlic mesquite rub on one side, and then put that side down on the skillet, seasoning the now top the same way, only a little heavier on both Johnny's and the rub. Then I stuck the skillet back in the oven for 7 minutes, flipped the steak, and broiled for another 2. Result? The PERFECT steak. Each bite seemed like it was melting in my mouth. Nice and reddish pink in the middle, but warm the whole way through. I really only had a couple pieces of fat to trim off, biggish ones but not too bad. A little bit of 57 on the side, and it was a great dinner!

Now to have some soup in a little bit and hopefully finish the last half pound of tomatoes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment