Welcome to my Weight Loss journey. Travel with me!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Day Six - February 16th, 2012

Well, I was a bit wiped last night from indoor so I waited til this morning to post.

Woke up yesterday, remembering fondly the most excellent steak from the night before. I wasn't going to have steak again, but I wanted to just honor it's memory one more time before I started my day. When I left for work, I yet again forgot my soup. I'm going to have to start leaving notes for myself taped to the door.

I didn't end up having lunch until 1pm, and when I did I went down to the Oriental Fast Bowl for a chicken and veggie bowl (essentially a chicken rice bowl, but without the rice and with extra veggies), and an extra portion of chicken. They offered to cut it up for me and put it with my entree, so I took advantage of that. As per my usual, I put a small bit of extra teriyaki over all of it, then slathered it with spicy teriyaki (heavy on chili peppers) and a bit of Sriracha sauce. This all soaked in on my way back to the office. Let me say, I may have added too much Sriracha because I wasn't even halfway through when the sweat started to pour.

I got off work, and after running a few errands I stopped at the store and grabbed a rotisserie chicken. When I got home, I carved off both drumsticks, a thigh, and a wing (which was pitifully small), and munched those. (Have I ever mentioned Day Six is my 2nd favorite day of this cycle? All-you-can-eat meat and veggies!). I also had some soup, when I came out and enjoyed the 2nd thigh and 2nd wing. Then, after letting it digest for a while, I went off to indoor.

Indoor went well, but because I was unable to fuel pregame and at the half with my Costco-branded Gatorade, I was a bit slow and we ended up losing 9-5, including a couple gaffes by yours truly (as keeper) which were completely my fault.

When I got home, I heated up my cast iron griddle, put a bit of extra-virgin olive oil on it, and pulled out some incredibly meaty crab cakes and heated them up. I also had another salad, with light Caesar dressing (but no chicken added this time), and had a late dinner. The crab cakes cooked up perfectly. I've never had them before, so I didn't know what to pair them with, but the salad was fine. I heard later maybe some tartar sauce or some sort of accompaniment would have been nice, but oh well.

That's the recap. I promise I'll get today's up tonight.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment