Welcome to my Weight Loss journey. Travel with me!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day Seven - February 17th, 2012

Well, here it is, the last day of the cycle. And none too soon, too.

Woke up this morning and got my post done for yesterday, Day Six. I had to go in to work for a bit to take care of an unfinished project, so I had a quick bowl of soup and left.

I was at the office for about an extra hour longer than I intended, as I had promised to cover while our sales assistant went to lunch. After she returned, I caught her up on a couple things and then took off, and headed out back to the Hula Boy restaurant. Past experiences on this diet meant I knew that they offered a steamed veggie and brown rice bento lunch, which I enjoyed Kahuna sized, meaning extra veggies. Paired this with ice water, and as I do with every dish there, I coated it all with a light bit of teriyaki, then covered it 1/3 each in their hot sauces: Sweet chili, Jamaican Jerk, and a Habanero sauce; the latter, while spicy, isn't terribly spicy. It was absolutely delicious, although the Jerk went with the veggies and rice best.

I had an errand to run down into Portland, so that took most of my late afternoon/early evening. As I got back into my neck of the woods, I stopped at the store, picked up a small pouch of mixed veggies, some Jamaican Jerk marinade (can be used as a sauce too I guess), and some apple juice. I also picked up a box of Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies (to be eaten over the course of many many weeks).

I made the rice on stovetop for a change, instead of microwaving it (still turned out the same, horribly not cooked and crunchy), and steamed the veggies while the rice cooked. The carrots weren't fully cooked though, but that's alright. For flavoring, a couple splashes of teriyaki, some sweet chili sauce, some of the Jerk sauce (which wasn't the same, sadly), and some Sriracha. It was ok, but I was full really fast and couldn't finish it all.

Well, it's now midnight, and time for the customary Mint Milanos. Another week is through.

Thanks for coming along for the ride everyone! Thanks for the support!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment