Welcome to my Weight Loss journey. Travel with me!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 2nd, 2011

Well, yesterday didn't go quite as well as planned, as I had no time to make it to the gym nor get out on my bike, and due to the crappy budget dishwasher we have in the apartment it took two wash cycles to get the stockpot cleaned and ready to make the soup. So starting at just before midnight I got cooking.

I have a new kitchen gadget, called a Chef's Rival. It's like a food processor but instead of electric it's hand cranked, and does a better job already than my old food processor (which, let's face it, it cost all of $10 5 years ago, it couldn't be that great to begin with!). I started, like always, with the carrots. I put half in to start (too much for future reference), and got to work. Within 5 minutes I had all the carrots done, in fairly uniform size chunks for the most part, a time savings of 45 minutes (chopping up 2 lbs of carrots into tiny pieces is incredibly time-consuming). I also chopped up the green peppers, green onions and celery this way too. I think it's actually a good thing because before adding the tomatoes and green beans the stockpot was only half full, when usually it's closer to 3/4. This is also good because it helps prevent stuff from spilling over when it boils!

As far as food for the day, I had a pretty healthy day. I didn't have anything until almost 4 (which is NOT healthy), when I had two gyros from a deli, which were thick with the gyro meat, and heavy on the veggies as well. My parents invited me over for dinner, which was grilled salmon, fruit salad consisting of cherries, peaches and blueberries, and patty-pan squashes (you'll have to look them up... very interesting). And my dad also served some beer as well, not terribly healthy but it balances out! Apple pie and a small scoop of vanilla ice cream topped off the meal. When I got home, I made a small batch of salsa from

So here I am taking a short break at work to update this, and it's 1pm, still haven't had anything to eat. I'm debating running across the street to the hot dog cart. If I do, I'll get the beef polish like I always do, and have it loaded up with veggies, like is normal. Kraut is a veggie, right?

Thanks again for reading, and I'll try to post again later to finish off the day.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment